CA glue for pins

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:51:00 +0100

Heat with a gas torch (not up to red color of course !)

Isaac
  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de Farrell
  Envoyé : dimanche 18 janvier 2004 13:57
  À : Pianotech
  Objet : Re: CA glue for pins

  Same question with a different twist. I service a Yamaha C3 that was
recently restrung (not by me). The stringer used tuning pins in the bass
that were obviously bigger than optimal. The bass tuning pins are easily in
excess of 300 inch-pounds torque - I will not be surprised when I twist a
pin in half. And when they do turn, they jump, and the pitch will change
anywhere from 20 to 40 cents. Getting the pitch anywhere near target is a
crap-shoot. Any ideas beyond removing pin, reaming, and reinstalling?

  Terry Farrell