Mystery Steinway action

Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:48:16 -0600

At 14:14 1/15/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>Didn't get any bites on the pictures - I have seen earlier Steinway
>actions that looked more modern than this one (1873, 7' grand). In fact,
>we have an 1864 that looks pretty standard Erard-type. We work on a lot of
>Steinways, but haven't run into this one. Factory had no notes in the
>records. I thought someone out there might know what's the deal. Anybody?

Is there a possibility that it was an experimental action which
escaped?  Like a $&$ version of a competitor's to assess
viabilities/liabilities?

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is
what you get from not reading it.