Where did the RH Go

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:38:45 -0500

Hi Don,

> Or else there was outside air infiltrating into the room. This is far more
> likely in an old house. It's really quite dramatic to do the calculation
of
> outside air at 70% relative humidity at -15 C and bring it into a house
> raising the temperature to 20 C.

Ah yes, my dear Watson, but you forget that the radiators were not warm, and
yet the temperature held steady.  Methinks the air entering the room was
warm and thus could only have come from the rest of the abode, and so the
real culprit must have been a hidden ventillation duct or large gap between
rooms.  Perhaps an open transom!  Yes, cherchez le transom!  ;-)

Peace,
Sarah