Baldwin springs

daniel carlton danieljcarlton@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:18:08 -0800 (PST)

i'm doing a regulation job on a Baldwin SD 10.  i've replaced all the whippens w/ new ones and i'm wondering how i go about weakening the rep springs.  i've taken my Hart spring tool and tried to weaken the spring by pushing down on the top of the arc of the spring, pretty much halfway between the jack and where the spring attaches to the whip (am i making any sense at all?)  i tried adjusting the screw first, but the springs were still too stout.  thanks for any advice.
by the way thanks to all who replied to my last posted question.  the info really helped.

daniel carlton