OT, 3rd grade grammar & spelling for adults

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 12:36:20 -0800

Dave,

I shared your post with my retired 4th grade teacher/wife and she said
that she did, indeed, work with her students on those very words
(probably not "wippen" or "lauan", though).

But I guess nobody's perfect. She chastised you for not capitalizing

Thanks for the reminder. Most of us could tune up our prose. I'm with
Sarah, though, regarding teaching by example, as correcting others can
be an encouragement to the oppositional among us.

Tom Cole

Excerpt from a recent Humor List post, "If you can ignore a friend's
limited education and never correct him...  you must be the family dog."