Yamaha "Gray Market"

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 08:55:28 -0500

On Jan 4, 2004, at 5:36 AM, N&B Brickman wrote:

> Folks,
> 	I could use a little information.  I am in the Washington, D.C.,
> area and have a set of customers that have purchased from the Yamaha or
> Kawai used "Gray Market" and have been enjoying their pianos for many
> years.  I notice no problems when I service them, and yet the recent
> posts make them sound inferior.  What specifically am I missing about
> the "seasoning" that is done for the North American market?

Perhaps the aspect of "seasoning" that occurs which the average piano
in more northern climes often endures, shoved up against a hot air vent
or baseboard heat. And periods of time (currently diminishing in my
neighborhood due to global warming) when the outside temperatures are
10 above or 10 below zero Farenheit, which really superdries the air
throughout our customers' homes.

Patrick