Cable grand piano

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:20:40 -0400

David,
         The Cable name is one of "nothing special, average or run of the
mill" type quality. They can be good stable instruments for the owner who
is willing to the proper amount of work on them. Do yourself the favor of
looking over the entire piano closely before quoting any work and then
itemize things making sure that you aren't replacing one item when
something else should be done first. Band-aid's rarely satisfy anyone but
that's usually all anyone wants to pay for. Skillfully attempt, if you can,
to get your client to understand that owning a piano requires regular care
which necessitates spending money on it, probably regularly. Good Luck!

Greg Newell

At 05:01 PM 4/30/2004, you wrote:
>Hi list!!  Any one familiar with Cable piano's?  New client called, has a
>"baby grand Cable piano" in need of service, Couple of sticking keys, few
>notes don’t play, hadn't been tuned in 10 years ..!!! I was Just wondering
>what to expect as far as quality of this piano!!!
>
>Thanks in Advance
>New to the Biz
>David West
>PTG associate