Freight costs from piano suppliers

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:22:37 -0700

Everyone,
I ordered a tuning fork a couple of weeks ago (yes, they still exist!).
It came in a small padded envelope.  The freight cost almost half the
price of the tuning fork.  I was shocked!

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Registered Piano Technician
Island Piano Service
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 8:00 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Freight costs from piano suppliers

In a message dated 4/29/2004 2:50:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
davner@kaosol.net writes:

What annoys me is companies who pack tiny parts into huge boxes filled
with excessive amounts of packing peanuts, butcher paper, styrofoam,
cardboard, bubble packs, etc.  It's out-of-control waste and pollution
in
that most people don't make the effort to recycle that stuff.  And some
of
it, like plastic and styrofoam is darn hard to recycle.
    Schaff isn't too bad in that regard.  They use a little too much
"butcher paper", but not outrageously.
    --David Nereson, RPT

     Dave
   Hey I agree!!!!!