skeleton frame

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:29:43 -0800

I am not sure I understand the question. Piano rebuilders do not normally
consider the weight of the iron frame when they rebuild a piano. Why do you need
to know this weight?

The weight of piano plates -- the iron frame -- varies with the size and type of
piano. It can be as little as 50 to 60 kg. in a very small vertical piano up to
something over 200 kg in a large grand piano.

The same is true of the back assembly of the piano. (I think that what you are
calling the skeleton frame is the same as what we would call the back assembly.)

If you can be a little more clear about just what information you need we might
be able to give you a better answer.

Regards,

Del
Delwin D Fandrich