Wyman Microgrand - YUK!

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:29:13 -0800

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Andrew & Rebeca Anderson
  Sent: April 24, 2004 7:12 PM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: RE: Wyman Microgrand - YUK!

  Del,
  I'm rather curious about the famed "Lothar Schell" pianos.  I understand
that there are some good innovations in his uprights but that the execution
is a little wanting, more so in the grands.  Is there more to beware of?

  Andrew

I'm not familiar with the uprights. The grands I have seen are quite
generic, Chinese-made pianos of undistinguished design and even less
distinguished construction.

As you may know, I believe decent and musical small grand pianos can be
built, but these are neither. Not in design and not in construction.

Del