Fw: Baldwin sustain pedal noise

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:05:51 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew & Rebeca Anderson" <anrebe@zianet.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Baldwin sustain pedal noise

> David,
> Why not drop the lyre, pull the action, and then rebush?

Try this.  If you have access and material, drill out the bushing and enough
wood to fit and crazy glue a piece of neoprene tubing on the pin of the
dowel.  Put a balance rail punching over the tubing.  Long drills are
available. Neoprene is one of the longer life plastics.

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.