Let-off question

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:56:37 +0200

John Ross wrote:

>Hi Ric,
>I will be 67 this year.
>So it is too late for this benefit.
>The time I would have to use the knowledge, and share it with others, is too
>short.
>It is a wonderful opportunity, that others, should strive to have happen for
>them.
>Best regards,
>John M. Ross

Grin... I see your point.... and you underlined mine for me as well...
You said ".... 20 years younger"... that would put you at 47... just 4
years less then I am now.  The average age for these courses is
something like 25 I understand.

I've been wanting this for years... had the chance to go to the Steinway
acadamy in New York about 15 years ago, but I'da had to stay living in
Seattle... and well...  the pull back to Norway was just too strong.

I agree with you.... young techs seriously thinking of following through
and making piano work a serious carreer should work very hard at getting
a chance at some factory experience and training.  I think its great
that Yamaha, Steinway, and other companies have these <<acadamies>>.
They do the industry a great service.

Cheers
RicB