Junk Pianos - Sad Story - Update

Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:18:19 -0500

At 09:53 4/21/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Can you explain that picture?  Gary Bruce, RPT

'Tis my poor attempt at surrealistic photography.

The wall is in my office.

The piano is my "Mini-Monarch". A dead 45" Monarch console which I recycled
into a teaching aid by making a real life cross section.  7 top notes, all
strung up and playable [not at pitch, sorry, Joe ;-] with a pedal rigged up
for the dampers I moved to the top.  Since it is a Baldwin product, it is
almost identical to the drawing in several books and has helped those
students w/o mechanical drawing experience.

The hand is rubber.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder