Action Rail Hole Spacing

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 00:39:01 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 6:44 AM
Subject: Action Rail Hole Spacing

> Anyone have any great ideas for how to accurately space screw holes in an
action rail? I need to make a new let-off rail for an old M&H upright and
the only way I can figure to do it is to use the old one as a guide and mark
the new wooden rail. Is there a better way to space?

> Terry Farrell

    Whassamatta with using the old one?  Just put 'em side by side and use a
little machinist's or hobbyist's square, or make a little jig and just go
down the line and mark 'em all.  By the time you could make a scale stick or
come up with some formula, you'd be done.  --David Nereson, RPT