needling technique

antares antares@euronet.nl
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:12:59 +0200

On 20-apr-04, at 19:53, JIMRPT@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 20/04/04 1:07:30 PM, antares@euronet.nl writes:
>
> << the so called normal method is much
>
> more economical and works with all so called normal hammers. >>
>
> Well gee???:-) can you decribe a "normal hammer" for us????
> and "thick" needles are antithetical to good voicing anyway! O:-)
> Jim Jolly.........

OK master Jim,

I am absolutely against sideway needling for reasons I have already=20
described in detail.
The fact that others here have a totally different opinion must be=20
based on the hammers some like to use in your country.

quote from Phil Bondy :
"This method, seemingly to be ineffective, can be quite beneficial to=20
concrete trying to imitate a piano hammer.  .. just a 'pinch' under the=20=

crown can bring a bucket of broken glass back down to a more pleasant=20
listening level."

quote from Conrad Hoffsommer :
'Tis the kinder, gentler method than visegrips lovingly applied to=20
Baldwin 243/242 hammers which are small artillery shells on a stick.

I think I have said enough and let you guys have it 'your way'.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

Amsterdam -