Resonator hollows in rims ?

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:35:10 -0500

Resonator hollows in rims ?  I am asking this question because I know of
2 Chickering grand pianos with holes in the straight rim and seem to be
opening to hollows between the laminates.  Are these for acoustic
reasons?  Digital picts upon request.

---ric M

	"The desire of knowledge, like the thirst for riches,
increases ever with the acquisition of it."
Lawrence Sterne (1713-1768); Irish novelist.