New topic: Lifting the Strings

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:49:01 -0700

on 4/18/04 10:18 PM, Isaac OLEG at oleg-i@noos.fr wrote:

David , do you massage the back scale on a regular basis ?
Yes. Pretty much every piano I come to.  Do you mean more than once? Only if
I'm doing the entire string seating protocol again.

I see a potential danger for the bridge top there, and bridge roll
also(because of the lower tension in the back scale after that.
I don't think I'm pushing hard enough for that to happen.

 I've been doing that for some time , but did not notice a such interesting
improvement for that part of the process. It is very useful to low the
pitch, for sure, but how hard do you press the back scale, ?
I can't press all that hard because I have Rheumatoid arthritis, and have
pretty depleted grip and push strength right now. Enough to make a
difference in pitch, and stretch the wire a little.

how high get the tension there ?
Don't know.

what happens to the string ?.
It stretches, apparently, and goes down in pitch.

I start from the back because my engineer partner tells me the string is
moving forward, and this is the most stable method to achieve what I want
to.....

Hope this helps.....David A.