Grotrian lost it's singing tone

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:57:27 -0700

Test
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: J Patrick Draine=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 10:20 AM
  Subject: Re: Grotrian lost it's singing tone

  On Apr 16, 2004, at 8:28 AM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

  >> One of the ideas was to plan a 2 piano concert and bring the Pleyel =

  >> in from the choir room. That might shed some light on things for =
him=20
  >> if the Pleyel winds up with the same troubles.
  >
  > An excellent idea. Also possibly swapping locations to see if the=20
  > problem follows the piano, or stays with the room.

  I remember the late Ernie Juhn, during a class, related a story about=20
  neighbors in an apartment building with identical model Yamaha=20
  uprights, one of which had major tuning stability problems, while the=20
  other was stable. Eventually Ernie had them temporarily swap, and the=20
  instability transferred to the "new" piano. Eventually I believe he=20
  discovered that family had a penchant for "warming up" the bathroom's=20
  shower, by turning it on with the door open for a half hour every=20
  morning. Once the shower routine was adjusted the piano returned to=20
  stability.

  Patrick