Grotrian lost it's singing tone

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:13:53 -0400

Rick,
         No I did not give him the material as he is well acquainted with=20
the product and has been to the web site as well. I suppose I am off the=20
hook but I sure would love to help him find an answer that he can live=20
with. One of the ideas was to plan a 2 piano concert and bring the Pleyel=20
in from the choir room. That might shed some light on things for him if the=
=20
Pleyel winds up with the same troubles.

Best,
Greg

At 07:42 AM 4/16/2004, you wrote:
>Well, as long as you promoted it you're off the hook. Did you give him=20
>their material? I find it very useful. Best case scenario it fixes the=20
>problem, worst case the piano is still better off.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano
>

>From: Greg Newell <gnewell@ameritech.net>
>To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>, deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
>Subject: RE: Grotrian lost it's singing tone
>Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:23:41 +0000
>
>Thank you for your response and for your patience with me. I have just=20
>spent over a hour checking how SBC YAHOO spam filter is dumping perfectly=
=20
>good emails into my spam filter box. ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! You think=20
>things are all set and then you find something like this. makes you wonder=
=20
>why you have a spam filter if you have to go through and look at all the=20
>mail anyway to make sure it isn't filtering perfectly good stuff!!!
>I agree about the Dampp-Chaser and have talked with him about it but so=20
>far he seems to be dodging the issue. We'll see.
>
>Thanks!
>Greg Newell
>
>richard.ucci@att.net wrote:
>Greg, I would install a Dampp Chaser with cover, give it a few days and=20
>then look at voicing issues.
>
>Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano

> > drafty but otherwise temperature constant hall is firm but the unisons
> > don't stay all that well. I usually don't have problems with stability=
 but
> > this one is tough. It seems that the dealers tech, who was called out to
> > try and search out the problem too, also had trouble with pitch=
 stability
> > as I went there days later and the unisons were not that clear.
> >
> > You say it is a drafty hall. I've seen lack of moisture cause a piano to
> > loose substantial amounts of singing tone. Maybe it dried out in the=20
> church.
> >
> > Dean
> >
> > Dean May cell 812.239.3359
> > PianoRebuilders.com 812.235.5272