What is the best way to become a Piano Technician?

Michael Bloom michael.bloom@umontana.edu
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:45:15 -0600

Hi,

I have been looking out on the net and reading this list for a while.  I
also have a book "Piano Tuning - a simple and accurate method for
amateurs".  I have read through it and have done some regulation on my own
piano and been looking at other pianos to see if I could figure out what
was wrong. (Haven't changed anyone else's yet though).

I was wondering what the best way to continue learning how to do tuning,
regulation and voicing, etc.  I live in Montana and there are no schools
that I could go to in order to learn.  I am also confused about the
certification process and what the final goal should be.

Any direction you could give me would be very greatly appreciated.

thanks,
michael bloom
Missoula, MT
michael.bloom@umontana.edu