"Bobbling" hammers on a new Yamaha U3. ( Please help! )

Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:52:50 +0200

Greg Newell wrote:

> Cy,
>         I'm entering this late but, is there a chance that the jack is
> dragging on the let off rail. If the rail is too close this can happen
> as the jack pops out from under the butt.
>
> Greg Newell

Yep Greg.  Thats another one of those not friction issues I first
mentioned.  Most noticeable on softer play and with stop felt that is
not really all that compressed.

Course all these kinds of causes should be checked after you have first
made sure the basic regulation is too specs, and that you dont have any
of the kinds of problems with flawed geometry that have been tossed around.

That said... I find that upright hammer bobbling most often falls into
this kind of problem category..... something inhibiting the jack itself
from that last little bit of travel.  So it could be that Thumpy has
found his problem..... if the sharp edge is hanging up on the butt
leather.  But I'd make sure and check both this that you mention, and
the other such causes mentioned so far.

Cheers
RicB