Grotrian lost it's singing tone

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 00:09:13 -0400

Kevin,
         Thanks for responding. I'm thinking about pounding this one into=20
submission even though I've never had to do that before for a stable=20
tuning. I take some comfort in the fact that the dealers' tech had trouble=
=20
too so it's not just me. BTW, the dealers tech was able to produce a very=20
stable result where the piano sat for 6 months on the dealers floor. The=20
trouble only began with tuning stability (unisons only) and the lack of=20
singing tone 3 days or so after delivery.
         I do have several sets of good ear plugs that I never leave home=20
without. I'm still wondering, though, why the staple seemed to produce a=20
positive result. Could the strings being out of phase without the staple=20
cancel each other out slightly and produce that effect?

Greg