The Stringer or a curtain rod?

Cy Shuster 741662027@charter.net
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:44:04 -0500

OK, I have to ask: why only two holes?  (no trichords?)  And why at 9 =
and 3 o'clock positions?  In fact, why solder the end closed?

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MKurta=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 7:18 AM
  Subject: Re: The Stringer or a curtain rod?

      Hi Mickey:
      I have a stringer from Pianotek, and it works great on both =
verticals and grands!  But after seeing how it is made, you can make one =
up for a fraction of the price.  Go to your local auto supply store and =
buy a 3 ft section of 1/4" steel brake line, the straight kind, not the =
curved tubing.  Cut off one end and discard the threaded nuts that come =
with it.  Solder that end shut and drill two small holes through the =
solder at 9 and 3 o'clock.  The holes should be large enough to accept =
the largest plain wire size you may encounter.  VOILA!  You're done.
  True it won't extend as the P-Tek, but you'll seldom need that =
feature.  Total expenditure: $5 and 1/2 hour of time. =20
      Mike Kurta