NYNY...OT Haha! "The Monstrous Medley of Maudlin Melodies"

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:04:33 -0400

Dunno, Thump...

> and, finally, "My Funny Valentine"

I think the folks who love this piece probably also love Moonlight Serenade
and 'Round Midnight -- and Casa Blanca, African Queen, and probably most of
Frank Capra's movies.  They're gushingly sentimental sorts of folks, and
they enjoy romance.  IMO, they're not trying to be "sophistikated."  They're
quite sincere, knowing that their tastes are kinda corny.

Of course I can appreciate how pianists must groan at having to play these
classics hundreds of times for sentimental audience members.

Peace,
Sarah
... who is thusly afflicted