CA-loose tuning pins

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:11:26 -0600

Hazen,
On a Steinway?  Yeah, not everyone is ready for a rebuild...
I like veterinary syringes with a fine needle and the thinnest CA glue
available and some paper towels.  These allow pin point accuracy in
placement making it easier to avoid the strings and the plate.  CA
generally sets up fast enough that you can tune in the same sitting.  I
tape Saran Wrap to the underneath of the pin block because it only sets up
as it is exposed to water in the wood and that can mean drops finding their
way through the pinblock to stuff you really don't want CAd well after you
are gone.  I remove the stuff at the next service interval.  Plastic wrap
is probably better than tin foil because it isn't stiff enough to buzz.

My ha-pennies worth,
Andrew