there's NO business like NO business

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:06:15 -0500

Taxes is right. I make calls but at this time of year I seem to get a
lot of "call me later" responses.

The biggest problem with this business, IMHO, is that most people--even
musicians (especially church pianists) and music teachers--cannot tell
and/or do not care when the piano is out of tune! I swear, if everyone
were as fussy as I am about it, we'd be doing monthly tunings. I can't
stand the sound of whiny-wah-wah unisons or throbbing octaves. Even
before I got in the tuning biz I KNOW this bothered more than it bothers
roughly 95.46372 percent of my customers.

And I don't EVEN want to revive the thread on the "once every 19 years"
crowd. They should be barred by the SPCPPT* from even having pianos or
any other musical pets.

Alan R. Barnard, Salem, MO

*Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Pianos and Piano Tuners

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO