impact tuning lever

Randy Rush randyrush@earthlink.net
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:16:50 -0700

Listers,

The subject of tuning hammers has come up on the Ctuner list, and since =
that's off topic over there, I'm bringing my related question over to =
Pianotech.

I'm in the market for an impact tuning lever, and I think what I would =
like to have is one of the old Mehaffey-style hammers. =20

Two questions:
1. Does anyone have or know of a Mehaffey impact lever for sale?
2. If one of these is not available, what other impact levers are people =
using that they can recommend?  The one listed in the Schaff catalogue =
is a style that I remember being not highly recommended, but I could be =
wrong about that.

Thanks for your help,

Randy Rush, RPT