Piano Animation!/ fact check

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 07:43:20 -0400

On Apr 9, 2004, at 3:37 AM, Rob Goodale wrote:

>  Pixar animation studios, (now a division of Disney).

Not! While they had a close working relationship, Pixar is an entirely
separate company, listed on the NASDAQ <http://corporate.pixar.com/>.
And from a recent press release:

Emeryville, CA - January 29, 2004 - Pixar today said that it is ending
its discussions with The Walt Disney Company to extend their existing
five-picture deal, and will begin discussions with other studios to
distribute its films beginning in 2006. After completing the final two
films under the current agreement with Disney, The Incredibles in 2004
and Cars in 2005, Pixar intends to retain full ownership of its future
productions.
"After ten months of trying to strike a deal with Disney, we're moving
on," said Pixar CEO Steve Jobs.

Fact clarification aside, I'll download the film, as all of the "piano
oddities" that you come up with are quite interesting.
Thanks,
Patrick

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available