MX80 Disklavier questions/Will W.

Will Wickham wwickham@stny.rr.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:44:32 -0400

Hi Dave!

As I recall the replacement was much quicker than the first time=20
diagnosis. I seem to remember taking about 10-15 minutes to get the=20
keys and metal cover out, then maybe 20 minutes or so to remove the old=20=

punchings and put in the new, then 10-15 minutes to close it up and=20
road test it. My guess is if you give them a quote for an hour and a=20
half, give or take a bit, it should work out great.

As for getting the part and/or advice from Yamaha, I've never had any=20
real problem. They are quite busy and I think somewhat understaffed in=20=

the technical department, but if you're persistant (and call early in=20
their day) you shouldn't have any trouble.

Good luck!
will

On Apr 8, 2004, at 10:36 AM, Piannaman@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks, Will. =A0I kind of figured as much. =A0Since the restaurant =
was=20
> opening in a few minutes, I didn't think it would be a good idea to=20
> examine more closely.
>
> Any idea how long it would take to replace the entire set so that I=20
> can give them a fair estimate?
>
> Dave Stahl
>
> In a message dated 4/8/04 4:26:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,=20
> wwickham@stny.rr.com writes:
>

> Hi Dave!
>
> I've seen a lot o' interesting stuff with the disclaviers. One of the
>  advantages of working for a Yamaha dealer!
>
> The regulation issue is pretty simple: uprights (MX80) can and should
>  be regulated just as you would a normal piano. On one of these that's
>  playing continuously the regulation should probably be done once =
every
>  year or two.
>
> The regulation, as you've figured, has nothing to do with the piano
>  regulation. There are felt punchings on top of the solenoids that do
>  wear out and need to be replaced. Yamaha has them. It's a relatively
>  easy fix to take the keys out, the metal cover off and replace the
>  felts and that should cure the problem for some time to come.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 2886 bytes