Websites

Richard Snelson rsnelson0984@mchsi.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 19:26:14 -0500

A couple of suggestions that have worked for me in the past.
Someone called looking for a piano, got my name from phone book,  referred
them to two pictures posted on my site. They made a 30 mile drive to see and
buy. This has happened a couple times.

Some local webb versions of newspapers are running webadds on the borders,
this is a good place to get the webbsite info out there.

Put you web address on your business card. And use it in all adds that you
run. I had it on my business van window.

Google and other search engines are starting to go local with searches, so
someone searching in your area would get the local business sites. I'm not
sure this has happened yet.

I took my site down a while back. I'm doing less piano tuning and more
fishing, writing and fun things that come with being 67 years old.

Don't expect someone to find you through a search engine. You can do a lot
getting your website known. It's great when you do. Bio info, for sale
items, your extent of service all can be there.
Rich

Richard Snelson
rsnelson0984@mchsi.com