anyone can buy a hammer and take out an ad

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 05:44:56 -0400

I would suggest a little bit of caution when judging someone else's =
tuning skills. No doubt, you are likely right that it was a poor tuning. =
But you never know, three weeks out.

I think I tune reasonable well. I tuned a little console at a church a =
while back. They called me a week later and said the pianist was =
complaining about the tuning. I went to check it out and thought they =
had switched pianos - way out of tune and 25 cents flat. After chatting =
a while longer I learned that the day after I tuned it they finally had =
their swamp-type air-conditioning system replaced with a modern =
lower-humidity-type air conditioning system. Aa-haaa!

My example above is extreme - no doubt. But my point is who knows what =
environmental or other factors affected things over the past three =
weeks. Maybe the piano was 200 cents flat before the tuning three weeks =
ago. Maybe the cat has been jumping on the strings. Maybe they store =
their music books on the strings.

Just my 2 cents worth (or not).

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20