Einstein - profoundly OT

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:14:20 -0700 (PDT)

> Plants feel pain, so we shouldn't eat them...
> Animals feel pain, so we shouldn't eat them...

> Can any of you Einstein wannabes name a food source
> which is neither?

Fruit. And, otherwise, I am much more comfortable
eating a life form, or part of one, which does not
have a  developed nervous systyem, does not scream,
try to run away, shit all over itself in terror, have
children it cares for, bleeds red blood, etc..
     Besides the compassion question, raising animals
for food is insanely wasteful of dwindling natural
resources, and harbors the threat of a  global
epidemic that will make the Great Flu of 1918 look
like a minor tummy ache !!!
" All the diseases affecting  humans discovered in the
last 20 years came from animals." from "Lancet", the
prestiguious British medical journal.
    The Great Flu of 1918 killed 2% of those it
infected. The avian flu found in China last year
( caused by raising poultry in filth) kills 70% of
those it infects. And then there's SARS.....Polio,
Tuberculosis, Measles, Aids....all of these originated
with the disguisting, unhealthy and TOTALLY
unnecessary habit of chewing on animal corpses.
    Thump

P.S. Practically every physical endurance record in
the world is held by a vegan Marine captain at
Quantico, Va..