Yamaha Colsole, Sharps checking on trill with sustain pedal depressed.

MarinoPiano@aol.com MarinoPiano@aol.com
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:20:12 EST

They are sticking with the sustain down because the damper spring is off the
spoon and is not helping the hammer to return.  This is always the way I test
for tight bushings.  The ole knife blade often works but I find it easier to
remove the key and do it properly.  Always with the sustain down.

Did you mean "Consolette"?? this was a 39 inch piano with a sort of an offset
key...two pieces glued together.  Another Kimball super inovation!!
Kinda like refinishing the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Arthur