Mannino Reamers from Schaff/APSCO

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:31:11 -0800

All,
A few tips: When I got the set of reamers, the first thing I did was blunt
the points on a vertical sander 120 belt. (Easy does it applies.<G>) Then,
with a "finishing file", (super fine), I round the points somewhat. Then, I
take them to my Metal buffing wheel(s) and polish. Next I go to the
horizontal sander and sand a flat on the handle, so's the darn things don't
roll off of the bench, etc. Next, I shellac the flats and let dry. Once dry,
I mark each one with the center pin NUMBER, (not the decimal number that
comes with them.) Next, I put a light coating of lacquer over the number(s),
so they won't rub off, with use. Now, I'm ready to have at them center
pin/flange thingees, in earnest!<G> BTW, In the shop I have a "carry around"
Center Pin Caddy that includes the bench mount pinning/de-pinning punches,
all of the various sizes of pins in two compartmented "small parts
cabinets". In some of the extra drawers are my assorted broaches, reamers,
center pin cutters, micrometer, etc. On the side of the caddy, I mounted the
Mannino broaches to have quick access to them. This "caddy" can be carried
to what ever bench I'm working at and I don't have to go looking for
everything, wasting time, etc. I'm sorry, but Santa still hasn't brought me
that Digital Camera, so I don't have a picture of this gizmo. :-(
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I