FORWARDED: Curved Keyboard (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:27:08 -0600

Marcel,

At 06:00 4/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>There is just NO WAY you'll make me believe this thing actually works.
>If it does, it shure took a carzy mind to build it.
>
>Marcel Carey, Sherbrooke  QC

Considering that April 1st was yesterday, I am somewhat suspect. ;-}

If that is, in fact, NOT a computer generated image there is an interesting
thing to contemplate.

- Visible keys from one end to the middle are 7+ octaves. Assuming that the
keys extend the same amount to the hidden part there would be 14+
octaves.  If the frequency of the bottom A is 27.5 Hz., then the top of the
instrument would be somewhere in the vicinity of >>>500kHz<<<!!!  Your car
radio might "hear" that, but you wouldn't.

To keep the pitch within the human hearing range, it would have to be
microtonal.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder