thumb protection when re-pinning

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 07:21:28 EST

In a message dated 02/04/04 2:57:43 AM, davner@kaosol.net writes:

<< When re-pinning more than, say, twenty action parts, my right thumb

really gets poked, cut, and chewed-up from repeatedly trying the pin in the

birdseye of each part being re-pinned to see if it's tight enough,

couple dozen, my thumb is raw meat, as though I took a rasp to it.>>

Uhhh............ David have you never heard of a 'center pin vise' ??  Little
hammer shank sized thingee fitted with a chuck/collet...designed to do just
what you discuss doing???????
Or is this question just a follow-up of the iron eating worm? :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)