CA and syringes

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 00:12:21 +0200

Hello,

I've seen more than once little needles applicator that can be
inserted on CA bottles. In fact they are sold in all the places where
a lot of range of CA is available, like some industry furniture shops.

These are little thin plastic caps, I understand you throw them after
use.

The most command brand here is Cyanolit . never tried these "needles"
myself, but they seem to allow for drops of CA.
I've also seen electronic controlled tools for CA gluing (in
electronics) these tools have special syringe bodies, probably
unaffected by the glue, so some material may exist.

Medical syringes are overkill and expensive for that use (but very
useful for Titebond, I use a horse like syringe to put drops of white
glue for the vertical straps for instance.

best Regards.

Isaac OLEG

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de Alan Forsyth
Envoyé : jeudi 1 avril 2004 23:20
À : Pianotech
Objet : CA and syringes

Jason Kanter asked;

"Are we talking about medical syringes here?"

Yes, and they're pretty darn difficult to get a hold of; which is why
we
would like to preserve them. You try going to a pharmacist and explain
them that you want to "dope a piano".
I've suggested to our local piano supplier F&N in London that they
stock
them, but as is usual they do not appear to be interested. Their
catalogue
range is dismal to say the least, compared to what's available to you
guys
over there.

AF