Woodworm

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:35:40 -0500

What is a woodworm? I don't remember that one from my Forest Entomology =
class way back when. Are we talking termites? Or some other wood-boring =
insect?

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Peter Burns=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 8:26 AM
  Subject: Woodworm

  Greetings to all.  I've not mailed the list for a while, just sat =
quietly reading everyone else's troubles!  Well, now I've got some of my =
own!  I'm booked to visit a lady tomorrow who's piano has a persistant =
woodworm problem.  I say persistant without knowing if she's had it =
treated in the past, but she remembers the piano having woodworm up to =
40 years back so I'm expecting it to be pretty much riddled with =
critters by now.  My question is:  Is there a piano-specific product =
available to treat the worm with, or a mix that one can make, or will =
the "off the shelf" stuff suffice?  I did treat one instrument about 18 =
years back, but can't recall the product we used.  Any advice would be =
very much appreciated.  Thankyou in anticipation,
  Peter     =20

  Peter J Burns
  Pianoforte Tuner & Technician
  peter-burns.pianotuner@tesco.net