Power tools and noise ratings

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:57:18 -0400

David,
         I doubt very much that you will find any accurate info on the=20
subject anyway. I remember a woodworking magazine that ran test of various=
=20
shop vacs with wildly varying results regarding volume from each. I'd say a=
=20
great deal depends on the manufacturer and what the engineer builds into=20
the plans. One may be going for optimal performance another may be going=20
for smooth running and still another may be trying for quiet operation. If=
=20
there is such a web site as you desire I don't think I would take much=20
stock in their findings.

Good luck!
Greg