RC vs CC again (was Re: compression ridges)

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:05:13 +0200

Robin is refering to the fact that the strike line often varies from a
straight line in that exact area. There can be a few different factors
involved, but when dealing with this area competant tone builders do
everything that can help to provide the most pleasing tone available.
Making sure that the hammers are striking at the most optimal spot on
the strings is just one of those things.

I know fellows who dont hesitate to pop hammers and reposition for
better tone routinly in the tenor section of the piano. So its not just
a thing we do to the top 5 notes.

Cheers
RicB

--