OTish Re: Pat Metheny

Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:38:05 +0200

Turned out that the Pat Metheny concert was Pat, with the Trondheim Jazz
orchestra. It was a workshop concert.... so I didnt really get Pats
group. It was pretty interesting tho... and tho Pat was only allowed to
really cut loose on a few numbers... as is common enough with workshop
shows...he did shine when he shone.. :)... and it looked like he had a
great time playing with several kids clearly a few steps behind him on
the profficiency scale. There were 3 of Norways better Jazz players
holding the group together... and the band consisted of a string
quartet, and sax quartet, bassist, pianist / B3 player, two drummers
(one reallly hot, the other a student.. but clever) and Pat and the
director.

Never did really like having a director up there waving his hands around
for jazz... I have a bit else to say on that matter.. but I will get
into that perhaps later tonite... for now.. Its off to do a bit of
sunday work.

Cheers
RicB

btw.. you are right... I am lucky... downright blessed is perhaps more
the word. Life has treated me very kindly :)