SteinwayM

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:26:21 -0500

At 19:35 09/27/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Oh my gawd!!!!!!!!!!! I'm speechless beyond that. I hope that is about as
>bad as it gets! What a shame indeed - especially if it is a decent
>instrument and s/he is a decent pianist. Gee whizz, were are the words for
>this one? I've seen some crap whatevers done to pianos, but this one take
>the cake!
>
>Did someone find a closeout sale on "M" A2 strings for this piano? I'm
>almost curious what might be the explanation for such wretched work.
>
>Terry Farrell

That must be the "restringer's" version of the "visible piano". Sure is
easy to see the action at work!

At least it does work... after a fashion.   Years ago I had to re-restring
a rescaled restringing which had the windings too long.  Those pesky
agraffes kept you from pulling it up to pitch!

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.