SteinwayM

Richard Strang rstrang@pa.inter.net
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:54:33 -0500

What's even more unfortunate is, the fello who did/does this has the biggest
piano tuning business in Panama. He uses an old Conn Strobo tuner and messes
up  the tunings too. He has a degree in music, so everyone calls him
Professor. Unfortunately, a degree on the trumpet does not qualify him as a
piano tech. How he got into the business, I will never know, but there sure
are a lot of people that trust in him.
  I saw a spinet piano he restrung, and he didn't even take the time to take
the copper off the hitchpin end. He ran the copper right through the bridge
pins. The bass didn't sound too good in that piano either.
   He isn't the worst tech around though. I have more horror stories, but no
pictures.

Regards
Richard Strang
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Farrell
  Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 6:35 PM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: Re: SteinwayM

  Oh my gawd!!!!!!!!!!! I'm speechless beyond that. I hope that is about as
bad as it gets! What a shame indeed - especially if it is a decent
instrument and s/he is a decent pianist. Gee whizz, were are the words for
this one? I've seen some crap whatevers done to pianos, but this one take
the cake!

  Did someone find a closeout sale on "M" A2 strings for this piano? I'm
almost curious what might be the explanation for such wretched work.

  Terry Farrell