compression ridges in New Baldwin grand

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:43:24 -0400

If I may say, and perhaps this is not the same customer, but if the =
piano owner states "...that they wish their piano sounded as good as - =
insert wish-'s piano..." there would be your opening to educated them or =
at least identify the killer octave concept and the status of their =
piano. I too have learned to "keep my mouth shut" - generally. But if =
the piano owner says something about something being amiss with their =
piano, I figure that's my cue!

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@cox.net>

SNIP

I tune a lot of pianos for years that I think have absolutely=20
wretched killer octaves, and have not mentioned a word of it to the =
owner.=20
Why? For them, it's not a problem. This doesn't mean that they like that =

sound, or would chose it over the sound produced by a better functioning =

board, though they well might. Then again, I often hear comments to the=20
effect that they wish their piano sounded as good as - insert wish-'s=20
piano, so they aren't all warm and happy with their pianos who's less =
than=20
wonderful tone is adequate for them and their budgets. Adequate is the =
key=20
word here, and when they don't know any different, yes, that's fine.