Steinways (was Re: compression ridges in New Baldwin grand)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:56:01 -0500

>>The qualities of sound have not been assigned by my wishes. They (both
>>good and bad) have been observed for many years by more people than just
>>myself. Selective memory has apparently neglected to retain anything
>>positive ever said along the way.
>
>Disagree again! Way too many times, the quality of the sound, sustain,
>etc., have absolutely nothing to do with it! As in the instance
>mentioned above!

Nah Avery, you don't disagree with this. I said that the assessment of the
quality of sound, both good and bad, isn't just my call. Plenty of other
people have both appreciated the good sounding ones, and deplored the poor.
I do, however agree with you that the name on the fallboard alone all too
often trumps most passing concerns for performance.

Ron N