sustain

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:17:25 +0200

I listen more or less like you do. But I have a stop watch that I dont look
at..  just press at start and when I think its stopped.. I do 5 checks on each
note and take the average. I generally am looking at C6, A6, F7, and C8. If
those notes give 12, 6, 3, 1.5  seconds respectively.. the rest of the piano has
got to be a real screwball to not sound decent enough.

Now of course things can be << better >> then the above numbers. But I have yet
to run into anyone who had serious problems with a piano that comes out at least
that well.

Once in a while you run across an exceptionally exceptional instrument. If the
compressionists REALLY want to convince the world of their case... then perhaps
they might find demonstrating they can consistantly provide this, whilst
maintaining that full bodied aroma. I'm all for em when it comes down to it.
But its a gonna be a hard road at best.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne