Knight jacks clicking

resife resife2001@yahoo.com
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 04:28:51 -0700 (PDT)

Very common problem with these pianos - re-centre the jacks is all - problem solved

Piannerman@aol.com wrote:I have a customer who has a Knight console about 40 years old.  It's in very good condition except the jacks are clicking, esp. in the middle section.  It appears that some type of material with the consistency of damp graham crackers was used on the jack stop rail and the material has flaked or fallen off with age.  Other felts/cloths appear OK.

Any of you-all ever run onto this?  I am guessing that the "graham cracker" stuff can be removed without too much problem and some regular felt glued on.  Or is there some other repair available of which I am unaware?

Many thanks in advance for any insight.
Charles Cron