Agraffes for Mason Hamlin

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:28:10 -0500

>Has anyone ever had agraffes custom made?  Who does this kind of job?
>
>David Love

I haven't, but any reasonably equipped and competent machine shop should be
able to make agraffes. I'd expect them to be expensive though.

Check with Schaff. They might have the replacements that APSCO had made.
These would be 9/32x34 thread, not the old 9/32x36 that Schaff used to
carry, with most of them being double helix thread and utterly useless.

As a fallback, I'd consider 5/16x24 solid Keenserts or something similar,
center drilled in a lathe and tapped to 7/32x36 for standard agraffes. Or
have that machine shop make up similar inserts (installed with Loctite) far
cheaper than they could produce agraffes. You'd have to tap out the plate
either way.

Ron N