digest 23 sept

Calin Thomason calint@operamail.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:17:41 +0100

One Phil Ford wrote...
Since you seem to be on intimate terms with them, please do ask them.
While you're at it, could you ask him about his sons?  I see that
they figure in the name, but I don't see anything about them on the
website or in the company propaganda.  I had assumed that they were
conveniently available as silent partners to give the name that
cachet of Steinway & SONS (who in every other way they are critical
of). But perhaps I'm just being cynical.
If you want to build your own piano, more power to you.  Anybody who
undertakes that endeavor has my admiration.  If you want to make it
unconventional, so much the better.  The piano world could use the
diversity.  Just spare me the Madison avenue treatment, telling me
that you are Mohammed come down from the mountain to save me.
_________________________________
Being cynical would be a rather overly polite way to put it. You seem
quite willing to condemn this fellow for just about every thing he
stands for. No doubt you are privy to information about his person
that gives you the right. Strange that you should on the other hand
offer so much support for the other Aussie designer. His action is
not much more then a modifed Langer from 1905 or so. Whats good for
the Gander is good for the Gandee where I come from. Why dont you
give it a break. You dont know Mr Stuart from Bo diddly and yet you
accuse him of all manner of nastyness.
Calin Thomason
--
OperaMail free e-mail - http://www.operamail.com
OperaMail Premium - 28MB, POP3, more! US$29.99/year