Steinway Sostenuto

Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:58:57 -0700

My colleague claims that the sustain pedal is limited in movement.  I
suspect that the system is adjusted so that the blade is over rotating and
when releasing the damper pedal, the tabs are dropping the blade from a
very high position.  But I haven't seen the piano.  The customer doesn't
want to pay someone to come out if they can't fix it.   I guess that's
fair.  And though I'm usually tempted by such challenges, it's a busy
month, so I'm less inspired.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net